An exciting opportunity has arisen at Shoreham Port for a Marine Operations Assistant. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team and will be assisting with the manning, operating and maintenance of our Port vessels and the work they undertake. The role will also involve other general tasks around the harbour.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities:
To operate the Port’s work boats, carry out maintenance and general marine duties around the Port. For a comprehensive overview of the role, see the Job Description
- Power Boat 2
- Some marine experience is desirable
- Applicants will need to hold a driving license
Training will be arranged for the successful candidate to support development needs.
What you’ll get from us:
- The salary will be in the region of £23,000 per annum
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme with employer contributions of 18%
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Other wide ranging benefits
- It will be a condition of any offer made that the candidate pass an ENG1 Medical. Further guidance about conditions that can impact an individual’s ability to pass that medical can be found at http://www.gov.uk/guidance/seafarers-medical-certification-guidance.
- Please be aware that we are currently unable to offer positions as Marine Operations Assistants to individuals with colour vision deficiency.
- Due to the need for short notice calls outs for marine emergencies we require the Marine Operations Assistant to live within one hours travel time of the Port.
- Port staff are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and all successful candidates will be expected to comply with the Port’s policy.
The closing date is 20thSeptember 2018.
Please download an Application Form and submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Tell Shoreham Port you heard about the position on UK-Ports.org!”