Thames Freeport is pleased to release a digest of quotes [attached with this release] covering our bid consortium’s headline investment, sustainability and operational commitments, alongside a range of supportive comments from across the business, logistics and political communities.
Thames Freeport quotes FV
On 5 February, the bid consortium promoting the Thames Freeport lodged their comprehensive bid with the Government for a digitally-linked economic zone connecting Ford’s world-class Dagenham engine plant, the global ports at London Gateway and Tilbury, large development employment areas and many river communities in need of regeneration. The bid headlines:
· £5.1 billion additional GVA
· Over £4.5 billion in new public and private investment
· 25,000+ new jobs with many more across supply chains, with significant investment in training and skills
· 1,700 acres of development land – much with planning consent
· £400 million port investment into some of the most deprived areas
· 20% of the UK’s most deprived communities are in London and the South East
· Freeports are in our DNA – DP World began as a free trade zone in Jebel Ali, while Tilbury was a freeport until 2012.
See the Thames Freeport website / Twitter / LinkedIn pages for more information