The webinars will be held online using Microsoft Teams and will be recorded, meaning you can share with colleagues who may not be able to attend the live webinar. They are free to attend for all BPA port and associate members, for non-members it will cost £20 +VAT per session.
Introduction to inclusion – Wednesday 24 February 11:30 – 13:00
1. What is inclusion? What is Diversity?
2. Why they matter in our ports
3. Why difference matters
4. The Equality Act – (Protected Characteristics)
5. This is us, it’s about all of us
Inclusive decision-making and unconscious – Wednesday 3 March 11:30 – 13:00
1. What is bias?
2. The neuroscience/ how our brains work
3. How we can make more inclusive decisions
4. Different types of bias
5. Being human
Inclusive behaviours and everyday inclusion – Wednesday 10 March 11:30 – 13:00
1. What does being included feel like?
2. What are the risks of being excluded?
3. Who has made you feel included?
4. What do they do to make you feel included?
5. How can we all be allies on inclusion?
Active Bystanders – Wednesday 24 March 11:30 – 13:00
The psychology of the ‘bystander effect’ has long been explored and discussed. But what does it actually mean and how can this impact the progress of creating and maintaining inclusive cultures in our workplaces? If we see or hear moments of exclusion or indeed discrimination if we standby and don’t step in, are we complicit to the actions, language and behaviours of others? In this 90-minute webinar, we’ll explore the idea of ‘active bystanding’ and what we can do to step in, every time.
What delegates will learn:
Understanding the impact of workplace banter and what the law has to say about it
What is the ‘bystander effect’ – exploring the psychology
The impact on inclusive workplace culture
How we can ‘step in’ and have courageous conversations to make a positive impact