MIN 645 (M+F) Amendment 1 Inventory of hazardous materials certification for UK ships subject to Port State Control (PSC)
This MIN outlines the certification required in relation to EU ship recycling regulation 2013 from 1st January 2021 for UK ships 500GT and over, which may be subject to PSC at EU ports
- ship operators and managers
- masters and officers of merchant ships
- skippers of fishing vessels
- port authorities
- operators of fixed and floating platforms and drilling rigs
- recognised organisations
This notice should be read in conjunction with the following:
- Regulation (EU) No. 1257/2013 on ship recycling and amending Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 and Directive 2009/16/EC.
- The Ship Recycling (Requirements in relation to Hazardous Materials on Ships) (Amendment etc) Regulations (SI) 2018 No.1122
- The Ship Recycling (Facilities and Requirements for Hazardous Materials on Ships) (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/277)
This MIN expires on 4th November 2021.