The ESPO secretariat received nine submissions for the 11thedition of the ESPO Award.
The theme of this year’s editions is “Transparency and the role of social media in reaching out to the local community”. Using social media as a new way of communicating and demonstrating a high level of transparency about operational achievements, future strategies and environmental challenges and performance is becoming increasingly important for European ports who can only function and further develop if they receive the licence to operate from the local citizens. The ESPO Award 2019 will therefore award the port authority which has developed a successful strategy to reach out to the local community and is succeeding in directly communicating with the port citizens.
ESPO members could send their applications until Friday 28thJune.
The following nine applications will be competing for the ESPO Award 2019:
- The French ports who are members of Union des Ports de France (France),
- Port of Dublin (Ireland)
- The Italians port systems represented by Assoporti (Italy),
- Port of Moerdijk (The Netherlands),
- Port Authority of Huelva (Spain),
- Port Authority of Vigo (Spain),
- Ports of Stockholm (Sweden),
- Port of Gothenburg (Sweden),
- Port of Dover (United Kingdom).
the full article is available on the ESPO website here